Though most of us are much concerned about the shape of our body, we do not pay that much attention to our face in terms of exercise. Yeah, it’s true we apply all the creams and other things but have you considered about facial exercises?
Face building or training of the face makes the skin more elastic and aligned. It makes the facial features more impressive by facilitating the blood flow and lymph flow and these exercises also help to reduce the puffiness of the face. The result of these exercises was found by an experiment conducted by a group of doctors which lasts for 20 weeks. Women from the ages 40-65 years were participated for this and during the experiment all the participants did exercises for the muscles of their forehead, eyebrows, eyes, mouth and neck. The experiment showed that such exercises actually improved the skin on their face and educed visible sign of aging.
So, here are 7 facial exercises to help you maintain the muscle strength and I’m sure this will surely do wonders for you!
How does it work?
Face building is a series of exercise that will help you to reduce the wrinkles in forehead, eyes and lips. It tightens the skin and gives it a glow. But, you should keep in mind that 2 days of face building is not enough to change anything. stick to a routine and work long hard for some time.
You can begin the exercises with a warm up of the face using your hands. Squeeze and unclench your eyelids, relax the face, frown and smile. Perform this exercise for 10 times in a row and then squeeze the face gently without stretching it. the rub the face with a wet warm towel and relax.
After the warming-up, you can begin the exercises!
Exercise 1: “A light surprise”
This exercise will help you to increase your forehead’s muscle tone.
- Place fingers in your forehead as shown in the image.
- Raise and lower your eyebrows as if you are surprised.
- Make sure that there are no creases on the forehead.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times.
Exercise 2: “Flirty eyes”
Flirty eyes will help you to prevent the appearance of wrinkles around your eyes.
- Take your eyes right to left. Then repeat it left to right, top to bottom and bottom to top.
- Make sure that you move only your eyes and not the jawbone.
Repeat this exercise 5 times for each direction.
Exercise 3: “O”
This eliminates those nasolabial folds.
- Put your mouth in the shape of the letter “O”. You can pronounce the sound of the letter loud.
- Repeat it for 10 times.
Exercise 4: “smile”
This is to keep the cheekbones and cheeks strong.
- Pull your lips into the mouth.
- Place your fingers on the corners of your lips and lightly press on them.
- Pull the corners of your lips to your ears.
- Return to the basic position.
- Repeat for 10 times.
5. Exercise 5: “Hooligan”
This exercise will help to remove the double chin and increase muscle tone in the neck.
- Put out your tongue and point it up.
- Turn your head halfway up, then turn to the right.
- Lit your chin up and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Then go back to the basic position and repeat the exercise with the other direction.
- You can repeat it 5 times in each direction.
Exercise 6: “Grandma”
This exercise also aims to get rid of nasolabial folds.
- Open your mouth.
- Hide your lips behind your teeth.
- Strengthen the tension and draw your lips into the mouth. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Repeat it 15 times.
Exercise 7: “Rubber”
This exercise helps to remove horizontal wrinkles on the forehead.
- Wrap your hands behind your head.
- Then put them on the border of your hairline on the forehead.
- Pull yourself back a little bit with your hands.
- Purse your lips in the shape of the letter “O” and look down. Hold for 10 seconds in this position.
- Repeat it for 20 times.
Make sure not to press the face too hard in all these exercises and don’t forget to breathe during the exercises.